Thursday, August 24, 2006
Finger painting?
Tonight our family went out for dinner. We ordered the little man his own meal, and he ate it all! He got a grilled cheese sandwich with a side of yogurt. I tried to get him interested in the sandwich which he could pretty much feed himself, but he wanted the yogurt first. I fed him some with my spoon, then took a bite of my food. When I looked back, he had put his hand in the yogurt and gotten a nice handful. Most of it actually made it into his mouth, but some was still on his fingers. I got my spoon and began feeding him again. The waitress came by and noticed the yogurt still on his fingers which he was now rubbing on the table. She commented on how cute it was and that he almost looked like he was finger painting. A while later the manager came around to see how everyone was doing. He stopped at a table a couple down from ours where another toddler was sitting. Smiling, he asked the parents, “Is this the little boy I heard about finger painting with yogurt?"” "No,” they replied, then pointed to us. The manager went on to say with a grin, “I heard all about that and had to see!” Of course, by this point, baby boy's hands had been cleaned of all the evidence. I have to laugh though. He’ll only be this age once, so I’m eating up these fun times while they last.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Remember them all!! It does fly by way too fast!
BTW regarding baby face washing...when you were little I would give you a warm wet wash cloth to wash yourself. After you finished licking the cloth, "washing" your face and hands, you would wash the tray and anything else within reach. (No wonder you're a good housekeeper.) Unfortunately the order was sometimes reversed depending on your creativity. You got pretty good at it and this extended your high chair time so Momeee could have more kitchen work time.
Post a Comment