Saturday, March 03, 2007

Bring on the yard sales!

It’s still a bit early in the year for yard sales, but this morning I went to my first of the season, held at a church. All items were 25 cents. We got there an hour after it started, and I really expected the good deals to be already gone. However, I was able to find some gems. I got a dress and button-down shirt for myself. At the kid’s table there were a bunch of videos. I guess VHS tapes are out of style, but we still have a VCR, and I was able to pick up two kids praise videos, two McGee and Me videos, an Adventures in Oddesy video, a video by Focus on the Family, and a kid’s video about astronauts. I put in one of the praise videos when we got home, and when Bug-a-Boo heard “Jesus Loves the Little Children” his eyes lit up!

I also got these four cute sweaters for Bug-a-Boo that will hopefully fit him next year.

My favorite bargain by far though was this Playmobil Nativity Set. I couldn’t believe no one had snatched it up for a quarter. I was sure some pieces would be missing, but figured we could have fun acting out Bible stories with whatever Biblical looking figures were there. When I got home, I discovered that it contained all but one insignificant pieces for the main nativity, plus the whole wise-men set which is sold separately! This is going to be so great for Bug-a-Boo to be able to act out the Christmas story.

My grand total for all these things - clothes for both Bug-a-Boo and I, videos, and the nativity? $3.50. Oh yeah, bring on the yard sales.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you may have already gotten the top buys of the season. What prices! They were practically giving these away! (Love the pictures.)