Friday, March 09, 2007

Baby update

Yesterday was my first official appointment at the doctor’s office I’ve chosen. I had one appointment before just to meet and interview the midwife to see if I really wanted to go with this practice. Yesterday was “patient education” and labwork. I met with the nurse who went over with me all the normal procedures for this practice, what medicines I can and can’t take now, the importance of pre-natal vitamins, all the various tests both routine and optional, etc. I had blood drawn which I HATE. I remember when I was pregnant with Bug-a-Boo and I got stung by a wasp. I cried and cried, then reflected that if I had such a reaction to a wasp sting, how in the world was I going to deliver a baby? I had a similar feeling as I squeamishly gave the required amount of blood. However, just as Bug-a-Boo was born and we both survived, by God’s grace, I am sure the baby and I will survive this time around too. When I was finished with all the torture labwork, I scheduled my next appointment. It’s for next Friday. It will be my first official visit with the midwife, and it will include a 4D ultrasound just to make sure the baby is in the right place and looks okay. I can’t wait! I know that I am pregnant and have definatly had plenty of pregnancy symptoms, but I also know that when I see the baby on the monitor, it will seem so much more real. They have encouraged me to bring a VHS tape to record the ultrasound, so family will get to see it. If they give me a photo, maybe I’ll even scan and post that here. Yeah!

No comments: