Friday, March 16, 2007

Baby update!

Today I had my first ultrasound. The baby is doing great! There is just one, and he/she is right where he/she is supposed to be and just the right size for eight weeks and 2 days. It was amazing to see the baby. Since I can’t feel it yet and am not showing yet, I had this fear that the ultrasound would show nothing. The tech said that was a very normal fear, but that she would soon alleviate it as she did. Even Bug-a-Boo looked at the monitor and said, “Baby!” We could clearly see the heart beating. At one point the baby even wiggled around a little for us. Yeah! In honor of this occasion, I am breaking my normal rule to not post photos of my children, and I’m going to let you see the baby. I’ve turned the first photo upside down so that the baby is right-side up. You can see that the head makes up the top half. The circle at the bottom is the yolk sack. Just above that on either side of the body, you can see the little arms. The white area between the arms is the little heart beating. I think above that I can make out a mouth, eyes, and even nose. The ultrasound tech didn’t say that though. That’s just what I think I’ve figured out. On the second photo, the baby is not as clear, but the cross-hairs are on the heart and the lines below it show the heartbeat. The placenta is just starting to take over the baby’s nurture, and you could see blood and nutrients flowing through the chord. For family, we have a video you can see if you would like, but it’s a VHS, so I have no idea how to get it on-line.

Have a great day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I've never seen such an early ultrasound! This is beautiful!
Momeee