by Barbara Curtis
I first found Barbara Curtis via her blog. I found such a wealth of information there that really resonated with me, that I bought two of her books. This is the second that I have finished reading. It is full of information that helps me at this stage of parenting, as well as good information that I know I will refer back to as I continue through my parenting journey. I still have multiple bookmarks where I have marked practical suggestions that I plan to put into practice. The chapters are concise, yet loaded with both theory and practical information, perfect for reading during those brief five minute snatches of time here and there. At the end of each chapter, she has practical ideas. Some are websites with more information. Some are quick suggestions of activities to do with your kids, and there are many more practical things as well. I have yet to find any parenting author with whom I agree with everything, but most of what Curtis says is right on track. I really appreciate her writing such a helpful, informative book. While some books are great to get out of the library, read, and return, this is one that I will definitely keep it in my personal library for future reference. (Side-note: I finished this right before the Spring Reading Challenge, which is why it was not on my Spring Reading List.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment