I had an appointment with the midwife yesterday. Baby #2 is doing well. It is just the size it should be, and we were able to hear a nice strong heartbeat. My blood pressure was right on – a relief since at this time with #1 I was being cautioned that I needed to “watch” my blood pressure, because it was getting borderline on high. Basically, everything is looking great. I had continued my sit-ups to try to help manage some back-aches. I thought they were safe through the first trimester. When I asked my midwife at what point I needed to stop them, she gave me a “you’re-doing-what?” look and told me to stop immediately. Oops. The only unexpected thing is that I have lost weight – 3 pounds since last month. This time they weighed me on the same scale as last time, so I can’t blame it on a difference of scales. The midwife and nurse both said that since I’m still in my first trimester, they’re not worried yet. A loss of appetite is normal. I just need to make sure I continue to eat regular, healthy meals and snacks. I must say though that this has not prevented my belly from beginning to blossom. Last night I finally broke down, opened my box of maternity clothes, and changed from my strechy-waistband regular pants to stretchy waistband maternity pants. I don’t feel ready for the transition, but boy were they more comfortable, so I guess it’s time. It’s funny though as I looked through the box, how some of my favorite clothes that I wore when I was pregnant with Bug-a-Boo just remind me of feeling HUGE, and therefore I am not anxious to wear them again. A friend is bringing me a tote of maternity clothes to borrow to church tomorrow, so I’m hoping that will make the transition a bit more fun. All in all though, I definitely can’t complain – God has gifted us with a new precious life that is growing within me – what a wonderful miracle that makes even maternity clothes, cravings, and backaches worth it!
I was able to schedule my next ultra-sound. At this one, we should be able to find out the baby’s gender! May 31st is the big day for that. I’m really looking forward to finding out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment