Sunday, February 04, 2007
Kim
My last post dealt with appreciating the little things while they are still there. One thing that is not so little is friendship. This morning I received a notice that a very special lady from whom I learned a lot about keeping a good attitude no matter what the circumstances, went to be with Jesus yesterday. Kim was a good friend who I met when I was in college. She was the first to predict that hubby and I would get married long before I had a clue. She could always make me laugh. Muscular Dystrophy had taken things from her that the rest of us take for granted, but she never appeared a victim. Instead she was an inspiration to everyone she met as she found ways to enjoy all that life had to offer. She sought to help people see past the disabilities a person may have to the person themselves. She helped others with disabilities to enjoy life to the fullest despite their disability. She also shared with any who wondered that Jesus was the reason for the hope that she had. I worked for her, so technically she was my boss, but she was much more of a friend. She was great at planning events so that everyone would have a good time. I called her and got some advice on planning Bug-a-Boo’s one year birthday party and hubby’s 30th birthday surprise party, because every party she planned looked like such fun. Nine or ten years ago, I had the privilege of working alongside her as she planned her wedding. A more radiant bride has never walked or ridden down the isle. My life is better, because I knew Kim. I am saddened that she went home to Jesus so young, and I will miss her, but I rejoice that she knew Jesus and is now with him in glory.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment