Sunday, February 04, 2007
Beaulah
If I get another e-mail with the name of someone I love as the subject line today, I don’t think I’ll open it. This evening I received notice that Beaulah, a woman I considered an adoptive grandma (she even was honored as such at our wedding) went home to Jesus. Contrary to Kim, Beaulah lived a long, full life. She was 99 years old. Both women seemed to enjoy life to the fullest. Beaulah was an example to me of one who looks for ways to encourage others. One of the most well known ways she did this was by making popcorn balls every Christmas. She began this in the 1930’s and continued until 1991. One year she made over 900 popcorn balls. I don’t think I’ve ever eaten a popcorn ball made by anyone else, but if I do, I will think of Beaulah. I remember the first Christmas after she “retired” from her popcorn ball ministry. It just wasn’t the same. I know that Beaulah loved Jesus and is rejoicing at seeing him face to face today. Again though, she will be missed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
As a tribute to Beulah I remember that one of her greatest gifts to people and God was giving of her time to others for free. If someone she knew was ill or had surgery she went to be with them and help out as she could free of charge. This is almost foreign to modern thinking. She was one of the kindest people I ever knew. She also loved gardening and being with God in nature, another example to us today. Hooray for Beulah, she's finally home with her beloved Floyd and Jesus.(I'll try to take a copy of Bessers blog to the family this week. It will be appreciated.)
Post a Comment