Sunday, February 25, 2007

Birds

I have been off-line for a while now. We have dial-up, and Wednesday we woke up to no dial tone. My neighbor explained to me how to check the outside phone box to see if the problem was inside or outside our house. If it was outside, the phone company would fix it for free. If it was inside, it would cost $60 for them to walk in the door. Thankfully the problem was outside. It took them until Saturday to come and fix it. Guess what the problem was? A bird had built a nest in the phone line three houses down. Apparently ours was the only phone affected, or at least we were the only ones to report it. I know the neighbor who gave me the hint about the phone box uses strictly a cell-phone. I hope they didn’t have to hurt any eggs.

Anyway, with no internet access, I of course had all kinds of ideas for things to blog about. I’ll try to write more this week.

For now, I’ve been trying to de-clutter and organize. Check out this story about a Nashville family who did so and gave away an orginal Declaration of Independence! (Thanks to Like Merchant Ships for the tip)

No comments: