Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Good links

You may notice that I have updated the link list on the right side of my blog. I have listed here several blogs that I enjoy reading on a regular basis. I am amazed at how much reading these helps to keep my focus where I want it to be. It takes less time now to follow them since I have started to use Bloglines. Each day I only have to check one site (Bloglines) to see which blogs have been updated. I hope to give you a brief description of each soon, but for now, I want to feature one which I think has a great entry today for Valentine’s Day.

Titus 2 Talk: This is a blog kept by a group of pastor’s wives in England. I found it recently when Noel Piper, the wife of one of my favorite pastors to listen to on my MP3 player, was featured on it. Although I have not been reading it long, I have found it to be very encouraging. It has some deep thoughts, so I have to read it primarily when Bug-a-Boo is napping I can give it my full attention. There are several regular features. For example, right now each week, they feature “Your Weekly Dose of Susannah Spurgeon” where they highlight a different section from this woman’s biography and discuss its application to life today. I have really enjoyed and been challenged by this. They also feature “Titus 2 Truths” where they go through the things that Titus 2 says older women are to teach the younger women with applications to women today. Today in honor of Valentine’s Day, they feature a poem written by Anne Bradstreet to her husband. Anne Bradstreet was a Puritan emigrant to America in 1630. Her poem reflects love for her husband, despite the fact that such feelings were often repressed by the Puritan teachings. I strongly encourage you to check it out.

No comments: