We had a wonderful Thanksgiving with my husband’s family. On the drive home we read a story about the pilgrims and the first couple Thanksgivings. It reminded me of all that I have to be thankful for. I’m so glad we have time set aside each year to reflect on that.
The day after Thanksgiving I indulged in some shopping. My deal of the day turned out being one that I didn’t wake up at the crack of dawn for. In the late morning a few of us went to the outlet mall where I found a Stride Rite outlet. They had some of their shoes on sale for $15 a pair! I haven’t had a chance to check out the ones Target carries by Stride Rite yet (thanks for that tip Amelia!), but I suspect they are at least $15, so I picked some up for Bug-a-Boo in the next two sizes he’ll grow into.
I also received an e-mail from a friend who is stationed in Iraq. He told about Thanksgiving there. He also told about how he has been using some of his off time to volunteer at the hospital. The injured Americans are brought to hospitals in the states as soon as possible, so those my friend helped were mainly Iraqis. Tears came to my eyes as he described changing bedpans and other tasks that he never pictured himself performing. Yet here he was spending his downtime doing just that. I was reminded that while our troops are human, many if not most who serve do so because they really care. I was reminded how grateful I am for the freedom we enjoy in this country. I was also reminded to continue to pray for our troops who are in harm’s way so that we don’t have to be. If you think of it, say a prayer today for our troops and for my friend currently over there. Thanks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment