This past week several things have happened that I thought about blogging about, but decided against. I figure you really don’t want to know about my washing machine flooding the laundry room/downstairs bathroom twice or about my frantic rush to get the house cleaned up and a luncheon made after a crazy week of painting and finishing my class. I could tell you that three friends of mine have had babies in the last couple weeks. I was privileged to take a meal to my two local friends. I would love to have taken one to my third friend, but she lives way too far away. Amelia actually blogged about her birth story from the hospital!
I’ve written about how I’ve been trying to get the deck finished. This week I found that I had gotten so far behind on my regular chores due to painting the deck and finishing the class I was taking, that I spent most of the week working on getting caught up. Now I feel fairly caught up on the household chores and yesterday hubby had the day off, so we attacked the deck. Bug-a-Boo was a trooper spending LOTS of time in his pack-n-play or crib, but not complaining much at all. By the end of the day we had the second coat of paint on the deck done. Yeah! Now from a distance it looks pretty much finished. Up close it’s obvious that several areas really need a third coat to completely cover, but at least the major job is done. I think I’ll be able to do the third coat myself with a roller, which should make it go pretty quick.
If you ever want to repaint a deck and you go to your home-improvement store and the guy selling paint tries to tell you that you can paint a light color over a dark color with one coat as long as you pressure wash the deck fist, don’t believe him!!!! We set aside one day and bought one gallon of paint to re-finish our deck. Now five days of work and five gallons of paint later, we’re ready to do touch up.
Now on to raking the yard and getting caught up on the other things I’ve overcomitted myself to. Thankfully all my current commitments should be done by Thanksgiving, so I can relax and enjoy the holiday season.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment