Saturday, November 18, 2006

Funny boy!

Tonight while hubby and I were watching the OSU/Michigan football game (Go Buckeyes! Woo-hoo!), and I was working on a quilt, Bug-a-Boo came over and was stretching so hard to try to reach the spray bottle I use for ironing. I handed it too him so he could examine it. He crawled over to hubby and handed the spray bottle to him. Hubby took it and spritzed him with it. He thought this was just hilarious. For the next five or ten minutes he tried and tried how to make it work himself. Finally he figured it out. When he did, he promptly aimed it at himself and squeezed the trigger. He thought this was hilarious and kept doing it over and over. Watching him was so funny. He would aim the nozzle at himself, then get this look of nervous anticipation as he squeezed the trigger. As soon as the water came out, he would laugh and laugh, until the nervous anticipation look came again in preparation for the next spray. It wasn’t long until he was soaked. Water dries, and he had so much fun. He probably played this way for a good half hour, almost until OSU won!

In other Bug-a-Boo news, we’ve been trying to help him get confidence in walking. He has shown that he can walk, but he’s still not too confident. We got him a walk-behind toy that he pushes, but he’s big for his age, so in order to push it, he had to bend over, which threw his balance off more. A while ago I had gotten a little toy lawnmower at a yard sale which I was keeping in the garage. Hubby brought that up today. The handle is higher and the thing isn’t stable enough to support his weight, so in order to push it, he has to balance himself. When pushed it has balls inside that pop like his popper toy. Since hubby showed it to him, he has been walking all over the house, not falling much at all. Woo-hoo! It won’t be long now until he realizes he really CAN walk. Am I ready for that???

1 comment:

amelia said...

Go Bucks!! What a great game! I had to hide my spray bottle from Ilana. She sprays everything and everyone!!