Lately, it seems like there is so much work to do around the house. The projects we want to complete seem never-ending. When we set aside time to relax, it is sometimes difficult since the projects are staring us right in the face. Lately between the projects and hubby’s three jobs (one full-time and two part-time), we’ve been feeling a little burnt out, especially hubby. So this morning we decided to get away. Baby, hubby, and I headed out to the park to go for a walk and try out our new jogging stroller there. We started out for a nearby park, but ended up taking a spur-of-the moment exploration adventure. We took a couple detours and ended up at a new park we’d never been to before. It was great. I haven’t really jogged since baby boy was born over a year ago. Actually, I stopped when I was about 7 months pregnant, so it’s really been a while. Hubby and I went 2 ½ miles alternating jogging and walking. It was great and felt so good. I’m so pleased with the new stroller. It’s so much smoother of a ride for Bug-a-Boo. He fell asleep while we were jogging and walking, a real feat since he almost never will sleep in public any more.
While we were out we also found a great new quilt shop where they sell some of their fabric by the pound instead of by the cut. I found this fascinating and ended up getting a great deal on fabric for more projects than I will likely be able to finish soon. Thankfully with fall coming, I should get more time to sew. We’ll see. I came home totally inspired to finish the quilt top I’m working on, so I can start on my new projects.
When we got home I just wanted to relax and start sewing, but there was a big game on tv and one of hubby’s co-workers had invited him to a football party at his house. I am generally an extrovert and love a party, but really wasn’t in the mood. We put it off, but eventually decided to go. It was the same as is normally the case when I don’t want to do something like that. It turned out that we had a great time. The game wasn’t the most exciting, but I met a lot of really nice people. Bug-a-Boo was fascinated by all the new toys to play with. The host has a two year old and twin four year olds, so the house was mostly childproof. It was fun to see baby boy explore. The host has two dogs, and baby boy repeatedly crawled after their pug, even under tables and between guests legs! Thankfully pretty much everyone there had kids and found it cute. I have been trying to instill in him a love for reading, so when he picked up a board book, I started reading it to him. He seemed to loose interest before I finished, so I stopped and let him continue his explorations. The next thing I knew, he was “reading” the book to a stuffed animal! It was upside down and his words didn’t make sense, but they were full of great intonation and he was even pointing to some of the pictures and showing the stuffed bunny the book. He then dragged the book along with him, chasing the pug trying to read to him. Too precious!
All in all, it was a great day to get away from all the responsibilities of adulthood. I will start my sewing projects tomorrow, and with Labor Day Monday, we can do some of the housework projects then. For now, I’m glad we took today to relax and enjoy some fun times as a family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment