I am leading a Bible study on the book of Matthew, and this week we are focusing on chapter 6. Jesus talks a lot about how God will provide for his children. Yesterday I shared a story about a neat way God did exactly that for hubby yesterday. Sometimes it’s hard for any woman to not worry about all kinds of things. I have found that one thing that helps me when I start worrying is to remember all the ways that God has taken care of me in the past. With that in mind, here is the game hubby and I used to play that we tried again this weekend on our mountain retreat. It’s simple. We go through the alphabet taking turns coming up with something we are thankful for that starts with each letter. For example, hubby would say something for A, then I would say something for B and so on. There are any number of variations on this game. Sometimes we go through and name attributes of God for each letter. We like to play this when hiking or on long drives in the car. It can be a great conversation starter. Most importantly, it never fails to help us take our minds off of ourselves and our worries and refocus them on God.
Be sure to check out Rocks in My Dryer for lots more Works for Me Wednesday ideas.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What a great way to pass the time with something edifying. Thank you!
Post a Comment