Thursday, October 12, 2006

Brag on baby

I just have to take a moment today to brag on my precious 15 month old. Yesterday he had his 15 month check up. I had to wake him up early from his nap to make it on time, so I was afraid he would be cranky. Instead, he was cuddly until he fully woke up, then he was his normal happy self. As has been his pattern, when he was weighed and measured, he was topping or off the growth chart in every category. The office was having a pretty slow day, so while we waited for the doc, the nurse held one hand and I held the other while Bug-a-Boo proudly walked down the hallway examining all the Halloween decorations. When he saw the doc he was happy as could be. The doctor had to do a rather uncomfortable procedure on him, and said that most kids would be screaming. Bug-a-Boo just gave him a dirty look and tried to push his hand away. He then proceeded to get three shots. Poor thing! I was pretty nervous about the shots, as this is the first time he’s gotten any since he weaned. In the past we would stay in the room, and I would nurse him until he calmed down. This time I didn’t have that option, so I just had to hold him and whisper in his ear. He actually calmed down quite quickly. Then he charmed the nurse who gave him a big bouncy ball for being such a good sport. (Okay, I’m sure she would have given it to him even if he wasn’t but still . . .) To add insult to injury, he had to get blood drawn. However, when the nurse did it, he didn’t fuss at all, but instead charmed the ladies with his cuteness!

Hubby and I have been wanting to attend the mid-week Bible study offered at our church, but had not since it restarted after summer break, since it ends past Bug-a-Boo’s bedtime. I thought it might be too much for him, and he would get fussy. We prayed about it and decided to try and see how it would go. Of course, yes, we chose the night of the doctor’s visit to try this. He was so happy to be with his little friends, that he had a great time. He didn’t want to leave to come home! I’m so glad he enjoys church.

While he does have his fussy moments like any baby, I thank God for entrusting to me a baby with such a pleasant overall disposition!

No comments: