Thursday, October 19, 2006

That’s my son!

Normally my 15 month old son is not interested at all in tv or videos. It really is not very tempting for me to pop in a Baby Einstein type video, because even if I did, it would only hold his attention for a couple minutes. He would WAY rather be outside playing. If it was up to him, I think he would live outdoors. Well, today we got a pilot recruitment DVD in the mail. When I put it in, Bug-a-Boo sat enraptured. When hubby came home, we put on a clip of flight footage from some of the places where the organization flies. Bug-a-Boo got excited, clapped, and pointed to hubby, then to the footage of the planes flying. “Yes, that’s right. Daddy flies a plane like that.” Bug-a-Boo then sat mesmerized by the video until dinner was ready. When the local people greeted the plane, he clapped. When the plane had a rough landing, he said, “Uh-oh!”. When I turned it off, he said, “Awww!” Who would have known? He has no interest in baby videos, but loves a video of planes flying in remote locations. Yep, that’s my son!

No comments: