Wednesday, October 06, 2010
Like college again
Tonight I dropped the kids off at Awanas, then drove to a nearby Tim Horton's/Cold Stone where my wonderful husband was waiting to meet me. We got some ice cream & coffee, then enjoyed a rare moment to talk, uninterupted. Too soon it was time for him to go home to prepare for a very early-morning work-day tomorrow. After he left, I took out my Bible Study Fellowship homework and worked on my current lesson while the music softly played in the background. Suddenly I felt like I had been transported back to about fifteen years ago when I was going to college in Chicago. I would often join friends at a coffee-shop for a change of scenery to sit and study. Now & then I would meet a guy there for a date. Thirteen years ago, when my husband and I first started dating, we enjoyed many evenings talking over a hot mug of coffee. Its funny how at the time, college seemed to last forever. Now the last fifteen years have flown by. It was nice to sip my warm drink, talk with my favorite man on earth, study the Word of God, and just enjoy a moment before picking up the kids and resuming my "normal" mommy life. I wouldn't trade it for the world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment