This morning I am grateful for music and the way it can help focus my attitude even when I don’t notice it.
Sunday Bug chose to sit through the whole worship service at church with us. This was his last Sunday to have the option of going to nursery. Next week he moves up to children’s church. It’s easy to think that what he hears goes over his head, but every now and then, he’ll say or do something that makes it clear that he is picking up on more than we realize. For the offertory Sunday, the worship team sang "Days of Elijah." I leaned over and whispered a quick explanation of the words, and then we moved on.
This is the same song that is on a CD that my mom brought when she visited us during a really tough time. Hubby recently requested it for his birthday and has been listening to it on the way to and from work. Yesterday we were driving home from a family bike ride at the park, when Bug, totally unprompted, started singing, "There’s no God like Je’oba; there’s no God like Oba." We asked if he wanted to listen to the song and he did – over and over again! When I put him to bed at night, I closed his door and could hear him singing the same thing over and over. There are so many things he could be singing and picking up on. I’m so grateful for music which points our focus back to God – that there’s God like Jehova!
For more posts which share things people are grateful for, visit Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That's wonderful - what a blessing! It almost brought me to tears the first time our boys started singing to the "baby in my tummy"... and picked Jesus Loves Me, "cos she LIKES that one, Moma!"
Such a thoughtful gift from the Lord!
I think that Je'oba is well pleased and may this song resonate all of this young singer's life. His sister is listening too!
Post a Comment