Two and a half weeks ago I found out that I was pregnant with baby number 3. It didn’t take much to realize that I must be pretty far along – I figured 3 months. Hubby and I excitedly started making plans.
One week later things started happening that we knew were not good. The doctor wanted to see me right away, and that afternoon one look on the ultrasound technician’s face confirmed our fears. "What do you see?" I asked. "I see a baby. It measures 11 weeks and 5 days. I don’t see a heartbeat. I’m sorry."
How can you respond to learning such a thing? I have friends who have had miscarriages. I now realize that I had no idea what they were going through. I also realize that I will now treat women differently who get this same horrible news.
Through it all, God has been good, and we have clung to Scripture. Physically I am healing and almost back to "normal." Life has begun to return to "normal." Other things have come along to busy our minds. Still in the background it hurts. Really our baby got the best deal. He or she got to skip the heartaches of this world and go straight to heaven. Still, we were excited about him or her joining us and miss our youngest dearly. I am glad to know that one day we will meet him in heaven.
One of the many Scriptures in which I have found comfort:
"The children of your servants will continue, and their descendats will be established before You." Psalm 102:28
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh Bessers. I have no words. Please accept my dearest sympathy, friend. You and the family will be in my prayers.
I have been praying that you would be able to write about your experience. It is a blessing to see that in spite of the pain God has used this to strengthen your faith and love for others. In the future you will always be able to look back and know where this valley is, but you will understand that God was with you through it all.
Post a Comment