Here are some random highlights from our recent lives:
Today I made these pretzels for the second time. Oh my word! They are SO good! My toddler loves the fact that I roll them into "snakes" before twisting them into the pretzel shape. Tonight he helped. We also made several into his favorite letters at his request. (M for Mommy, D for Daddy, and the first letters of his and his sister’s names) Fun.
Tonight I put Little Miss down to bed first, then put Bug down. When I was almost finished with Bug, Little Miss started crying. I checked on her only to find her STANDING in her crib holding onto the edge. She finally had managed to pull herself up, and I think wasn’t sure how to get back down without falling. I guess it’s time to lower the crib mattress.
Wednesday Bug started Awanas. He’s in the Cubbies program which is supposed to be for those with two years until Kindergarten. He just turned 3 in July, and we’re not sure if we will start him in Kindergarten at 5 or 6, but for now I think we’ll go ahead and try Awanas. His friend A.T. who is 5 is also in the same class. When Bug & I showed up at Awanas, A.T. told the whole class, "Tomorrow I’m going fishing with him!" It was almost all he could talk about. Thursday we did indeed take A.T. for his first time fishing. Both boys had a blast. A.T. even caught a fish - quite an accomplishment for a pre-schooler! Hubby caught three, although the biggest one broke the line on the way in, so I guess it doesn’t fully count. All in all though, it was a great time. I was reminded once again how the simple things in life like fishing can be such a big deal.
I’ll leave you with these quotes from my favorite 3 year old:
"It’s fun to get all dirty. It’s fun to get all sticky and dirty." (I’ll leave the context of that quote
up to your imagination.)
"This isn’t real mac & cheese, Mommy. It’s not you mac & cheese. It’s not real." (This was his response when I served him boxed mac & cheese for lunch.)
When the baby got a hold of a twist-tie - "Don’t eat that [sister’s name] or you might get big owies and I might be sad."
Upon finding a quarter and four pennies on top of Daddy’s dresser - "Mommy, I found some money. Let’s go to the fishing store. I’m going to buy a jon boat!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment