Thursday, December 27, 2007
Divine protection through childishness
If you read the story that I linked to in the last post, you may be thinking about how things are not always as they first appear. So often I have seen this in my own life. Recently God allowed me to see another example of it. Encouraged by Barbara at Mommy Life to let my child help with chores whenever possible, I have been letting Bug-Bug help me load and unload the dishwasher. One day he unscrewed the cap to the rinse-aid compartment. I noticed, but thought it was keeping him entertained while allowing him to explore and learn, so I let him play with it. I quickly forgot about it until the next time I went to use the rinse aid and couldn't since the cap was missing. Last week a friend came by who happens to have the identical dishwasher to mine. "Did you get the recall notice on that?" she asked. I hadn't, so asked her for more information. It turns out that it was recalled by Maytag due to a fire hazard. 130 similair units had caught on fire due to a defect with the rinse aid compartment, where rinse aid leaked out, contacted the heating element, and started a fire. God had used my son's childishness in loosing the cap to the rinse aid compartment to protect us!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment