Saturday, February 09, 2008

Holy


For Christmas, we got a great book called Hymns for a Child’s Heart. It contains 12 hymns, the stories behind them, and brief devotionals and memory verses for each. We decided to go through the book focusing on one hymn each month. Most nights before bed, we sing that month’s hymn. My toddler enjoys this, especially when daddy plays guitar. January’s hymn was "Holy, Holy, Holy." It makes me smile when I hear Bug-Bug randomly begin to sing this in the middle of his play. I thought that we explained the words in the hymn pretty well, but today made me wonder. . .


Today I decided to try a craft project with my son. I cut out construction paper hearts, put some glue in a bowl, and let him use a q-tip to spread it on the hearts, then glue them onto paper for Valentines. I got the q-tip idea from somewhere on-line, but didn’t write down the source. Anyway, it worked pretty well. When I was cutting out the hearts, Bug-Bug seemed quite interested in the paper left behind. When I completed a sheet, he looked at the paper left behind, pointed to it, and said, "Holy Hearts."

1 comment:

Grace said...

KK, I'm on Blogger now! :)

I have my own blog.