I know that it is important to exercise during pregnancy. I also know that while I sometimes feel selfish taking time to do so, it is important to my husband, and doing so is one way that I can show him I love him. I had been riding our stationary bike, but the other day the tension gave out on it. Until we can get it fixed, I have been trying to walk two miles a day – one in the morning and one in the evening. It’s not a lot, but it’s a start.
This morning Bug-a-Boo and I were out for our morning walk (stroller ride for him). We passed by the house of one of my favorite neighbors, Mr. L. The L’s have a nicely kept, but not extravagant house and lot. They are one of the few neighbors that I know if they are out, will always greet me with a friendly smile and kind words. The first time I met them, I knew for sure that they loved Jesus. Isn’t that an amazing statement? The first time I met them, I knew. This morning as we passed, Mr. L was walking out to his car, presumably on his way to work, but he took a minute or two to stop and talk with us. The conversation was something like this:
Mr. L: Boy, it’s a hot one today, huh?
Me: It sure is, but it’s a tad bit better than the last couple days, so I figured we better get out while we can.
Mr. L: That’s great. I see you’re expecting another little one.
Me: Yes at the end of October. We’re very excited.
Mr. L: Praise the Lord! Is it a boy or a girl?
Me: A girl.
Mr. L: That’s great. (Looking at Bug-a-Boo) I see you already have a boy. How wonderful. Hi little guy. (holding out his hand)
Me: Can you shake his hand, Bug-a-Boo? (using his real name, of course) (Bugster looks at him like, "Who are you?"
Mr. L: That’s okay. (To me) Is he talking yet? (To Bugster) Can you say Jesus loves me?
Me: He can’t say it yet, but I think he knows it.
Mr. L: Jesus loves me, this I know. For the Bible tells me so.
Me: That’s one of his favorite songs.
Mr. L: Well that’s great. That’s the best thing to base our lives on you know – the Bible.
Me: I agree 100%.
Mr. L: Have a good day now, and try to stay cool.
Me: Thanks. You do the same.
How many people have I met in my life who have no idea that I love Jesus? I have two close neighbors that I have talked to many times, but despite the fact that Jesus is the most important person in my life, He has yet to come up in the conversation. Instead we talk about the things we can see – the weather, our children, our houses and landscaping, our pets. Yet every time I meet bump into the L’s, I am amazed at how naturally Jesus is a part of their conversations in a humble, non-self-righteous, natural way. I always leave both encouraged and challenged to share what Jesus has done for me with more people.
Jesus loves me. I have sinned and continue to sin all the time. I try to live my life righteously, but no matter how hard I try, I still mess up. Because of this, I deserve God’s wrath. Jesus, who is God, came to earth and lived a perfect life, then took God’s wrath for my sin for me. Even though I continue to mess up, it’s no longer about me and how I live. It’s about Jesus. Because he did what I could not and paid for my sins, I choose to trust in Him, not myself, for salvation. I know that when I die, although I deserve hell, I will receive heaven and eternal fellowship with God based solely on what Jesus has done. It’s not just me that Jesus did this for either. As Mr. L told my son, "Jesus loves you." He took God’s just wrath for anyone and everyone who chooses to trust him. For more information and specific references to where exactly "the Bible tells me so", send me an e-mail or click on the link to the right.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment