Thursday, August 02, 2007

CoCo Wheats anyone?

I am always looking for ways to introduce new, yummy, healthy foods to my family. The other day at the store I noticed CoCo Wheats. It is basically a hot farina cereal flavored with chocolate. Since chocolate is almost always a hit in our house, but hot, healthy cereals are not, I decided to give them a try. The first morning that I made them was after hubby had left for work. I offered Bug-a-Boo some only to be greeted by a look that said surely I had lost my mind. Wondering what he was thinking, I took a bite to show him that they were yummy. (Or at least a little yummy) He then let me know what he was thinking the conversation went something like this:

Me: Look – here’s a new cereal – yummy, chocolate CoCo Wheats.

Bug-a-Boo: Poopy!

Me: No, it’s not poopy. You’re right, we don’t eat poopy. But this is yummy cereal.

Bug-a-Boo: No mommy. Poopy!

Me: Try it. It’s not poopy.

Bug-a-Boo: Hot poopy! (Seals mouth tight) Bleh!

Of course I had to tell hubby the story, so now guess what we’re going to think anytime we try to eat CoCo Wheats. I don’t know if I can do it without laughing. So . . . CoCo Wheats anyone?

No comments: