Monday, January 15, 2007

Toddler milestones

Bug-a-Boo reached a few milestones today! First I took him outside in the drizzle and taught him how to splash in puddles. He has a great raincoat & pair of boots that he received from our pastor’s wife, so we decided to put them to good use. He laughed and giggled when he realized what I was doing. He couldn’t quite put his foot down with enough force to make a splash, but he thought it was pretty funny when I did. I am sure that not long from now I’ll be wondering, why did I teach him that?

Then tonight after dinner he stayed at the table while hubby and I finished eating. First he signed “down”, but then pointed to a puzzle on the nearby table. I got him the puzzle to work on, and he very systematically began playing with it. First he lifted and replaced almost all the pieces, checking to be sure that the picture underneath matched. Then he took out the pieces, and began matching them to their places. He even got some turned properly and fit them back in the hole. Yeah!

After dinner, Bug-a-Boo was reaching for the tub of butter. At first I thought he wanted to eat it (yuck!), but then I put the lid on it and told him to take it to the refrigerator. He took it right to hubby who was standing in front of the refrigerator, and came back for more! He carried everything that needed to go to the fridge.

Now, our days are not always smooth. Even today there were plenty of frustrating things I could write about, but I choose to focus on and write about the positive highlights. These few firsts certainly fit that bill.

No comments: