Thursday, January 04, 2007
Peace
I have started getting a Christian parenting magazine called No Greater Joy. There are definitely things I don't agree with or don’t agree with to the dogmatic extent that the author holds his views, but yesterday I got a new issue and I thought it was particularly interesting in light of everything going on with our decisions regarding hubby’s job. The first article was entitled "Fear Not: Stand strong in God's promises" and the second was an article called "Noah's Wife: Viewing life as an adventure, not a trial". Among other things it exhorted, " Follow him (your husband) when he says it's time to go; don't look back, don't hesitate, and don't fear." I am not about to stop giving hubby my input into decisions – he doesn’t want me to. Often he sees points of view that I don’t, and often I see things from a different perspective than he might. I think we think best when we consult each other, pray together, and seek what is best for our family. That said, I do recognize that the final decision is his, not mine to make. When he makes that decision, this was a good reminder that whatever it is, I can go with my husband into whatever adventures lay next and not be afraid: God will take care of me. I can enjoy peace.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment