My precious baby girl turned three a couple weeks ago. I hope to write a post to and about her soon. I would also love to chronicle our home-school journey. Until then though, enjoy this little tidbit:
Last night I took the kiddos shopping with me. For once I had timed it mostly right. They had time earlier to play outside and get their wiggles out. We had a big lunch and had just finished a small dinner. We were out of most of our produce at home, so when I headed through the produce department, the kids eyes got big. "Mommy, please may you buy me a cucumber? I want to eat Larry Boy." "Mommy, please buy a green pepper." I added both to the cart and was immediately asked, "May we please eat them now?" Um, okay.
The rest of my shopping trip went smoothly while the children played together nicely and ate their cucumber and pepper. I was quite amused at the looks they received from other women shopping. It took the cake though, when my five year old son used a vocabulary word from our read-aloud story that morning: "Mommy, you're shopping very fastidiously."
Not all shopping trips go this smoothly, but I enjoyed this one immensly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment