Tuesday, September 15, 2009

My birthday

Yesterday hubby took Bug shopping for my birthday while Baby Doll and I went to the grocery store. Last night as I was putting the kids to bed while hubby was at work, Bug asked, "Mommy, I bet you want to open your presents, but you have to wait until tomorrow." I played along saying, "I know, but I want to open them tonight. It’s so hard to be patient." Bug began to explain to me like a little grown-up how it’s hard to be patient for a birthday, but you just have to wait. Then Baby Doll, not quite yet 2 years old began singing to me, "Have patience. Have patience. Don’t be in such a hurry." The words weren’t quite clear, but the tune was obvious. I couldn’t believe it! Later after bedtime Bug appeared by my bedside, just standing there grinning at me. I asked what he needed. He grinned and said, "It's a secret!"

This morning I was blown away by how appropriate my gifts were – things I could use, but would never have spent the money for. Bug had picked several of the things out because he had heard me say something briefly about them. I didn't even know he was listening! Today we’re going to take Bug back to the hospital for another follow-up visit, then assuming all is still well as we think, we’ll return for rest time. After that we’ll head to France for my birthday dinner. How cool is that! I feel like I’m living someone else’s life!

1 comment:

Mommee said...

You "feel like you are living someone else's life"...how cool is that. That is just how much the Lord wants to bless us! And blessed we are! Happy Birthday!