After a long ordeal with many lessons learned, I had given up on coming to Puerto Rico with hubby. Thankfully my wonderful husband persevered in trying one last way to get us down here and it worked! We are now enjoying time together as a family here. I realized that it was a similair trip to Puerto Rico three years ago that first inspired me to begin recording my lessons learned and observations on this blog. For now I don't know how much of this trip I will record, but I am so glad to be here.
We plan to spend most of our time in Puerto Rico relaxing on the beach or by the pool. My husband is here on a work trip, so there is some work he needs to get done as well. For the kids and I though, this is mostly vacation. We were limited on packing space, so yesterday we made a Walgreens run for a boogie board for Bug and a bucket and shovel for the doll baby. Between those two items, they are both entertained for hours! Bug loves to run and splash in the waves. Baby doll loves to sit on the sand and dig. At the pool, Bug loves to find creative ways to jump into the deep end. He has become quite the fish treading water and doggy-paddling his way to the edge. Yesterday hubby was focused on watching him. When he got out to jump in, he realized what an audience our little Bug had attracted. One lady who barely spoke English pieced together enough to ask "How old the boy? How old the girl? Who learned him to swim?" Of course, the baby doll believes she can do anything he can, so we have to really watch her. Her favorite pool activity is to climb up a ladder to the side, jump in to one of us, then do it all over again. She had one Grandma & Grandpa cheering for her. The next thing I knew, she jumped in to the Grandpa who gladly caught her! Yikes! I forgot how in this culture, little ones are so highly thought of. For example, while a typical comment we hear is, "You have one of each, so you're done, right?" The local ladies said, "Ah, you have such adorable children. What do you think, two more, no?"
One of the highlights of yesterday is that we ended up relaxing on the beach right next to a Carribean couple practicing their Latin dance. I felt like we were watching a rehersal for "So You Think You Can Dance" as they sometimes precicely and sometimes not so precicely executed their dance moves, lifts, and throws, first on the sand next to us, then out in the ocean. My heart leapt as I felt sure the guy was going to drop the girl right on her noggin, then caught her with her head inches from the sand. Wow! I know these things take lots of practice and I am glad they chose to practice right in front of us!
Now I'm off to the beach for more fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment