The other night hubby was reading Bug-a-Boo a book, when he exclaimed, "This book drives me nuts!" I wondered which book it was, wondering if the lines were overly repetitive or hard to pronounce or contained questionable morality or what.
I asked him which book, and he replied, "This Jay-Jay the Jet Plane book. Just look at him!"
I did and Jay-Jay looked like, well, like Jay-Jay the Jet Plane.
"Umm, yes. What’s wrong?"
Hubby exasperatedly replied, "He’s a single-engine prop, not a jet! Now this plane (one of Jay-Jay’s friends) is a jet, but Jay-Jay isn’t! You would think if they were going to make a series about a jet-plane, they would at least consult a pilot to make sure the illustrations were of a jet plane!"
I had to laugh. I admit, I never knew poor Jay-Jay wasn’t a jet plane, but an imposter. I told hubby that I was amused that bothered him, but totally understood. After all, what if a book was to written about a serger that was really just a normal sewing machine? Wouldn’t that drive me nuts? I guess it just doesn’t have the same ring to it though, huh? "Jay-Jay the Prop Plane"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment