This past Tuesday we were at Target picking up the best deal ever on diapers and wipes that a friend of mine clued me into. Thanks E! (11 Jumbo packages of Pampers and 11 packages of Kando wipes refills for a total of under $30 including tax!)
While there we spotted the new CDs by 2 of our favorite bands – Caedmon’s Call and Casting Crowns. They were way less expensive than at any Christian bookstores, so we splurged and picked them both up. I have really found that having good music to listen to during the day can really bolster my spirits and keep me both focused on my work. A few songs really jumped out to me. One of the Caedmon’s Call songs called "There is a Reason" is excellent, but it’s been playing on our local Christian radio station, so it wasn’t entirely new to me, and you may have already heard it. Here are some of the lyrics to two of the other new-to-me Caedomon’s Call songs I found encouraging. The entire songs are good, as is virtually the entire album, but here are just my favorite parts:
Sacred
This house is a good mess. / It’s the proof of life. / Now way would I trade jobs / but it don’t pay overtime. / I’ll get to the laundry. / I don’t know when. / I’m saying a prayer tonight / cause tomorrow it starts again. // Could it be that everything is sacred? / and all this time/ everything I’ve dreamed of has been right before my eyes? // The children are sleeping / but they’re running through my mind / the sun makes them happy / and the music makes them unwind. / My cup runneth over, / and I worry about the stain. / Teach me to run to You / like they run to me for every little thing.
Love Grows Love
I fell in love with you / and that love became something new. / It keeps getting stronger / than we ever could have longed. / Love keeps growing more love. // When we got the news / we had to call our families / and start painting the room / a nice, bright blue. / Our vows, they started breathing / and took on flesh and blood / and we held them in our arms / and tasted God was good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment