Monday, March 29, 2010

Bible in 90 Days - Completed!

This morning I completed reading through the Bible in 90 days! Actually, I got so excited when I saw the end in sight that I finished in 88 days. It was an amazing experience. Reading the Bible at this pace was more like reading a novel. I was able to get such a good overview of the big picture and review what everything in the Bible. I was reminded of stories I still needed to teach my children. I learned how well they respond to my reading the actual Bible to them. I saw them begin to pick up their Bibles more as I picked up my Bible more. I made so many notes about things I wanted to go back and study more later. I was amazed at how many things I read that I thought, "I know I've read that before, but wow, it seems like I'm reading it for the first time." I found so many passages that I could immediatly apply to this stage of life. I saw God's heart and compared it to my own resulting in many challenges. I found that in order to complete each day's reading, I had to be intentional about my time usage and choices. It was a great exercise in getting my priorities straight and developing discipline. I highly recommend finding a community doing this and joining it. The encouragement I recieved even from participating in an online community was enough to keep me going. Today, for example, there is a post at Mom's Toolbox written by a pastor who organized a 90 day Bible reading for his entire community. His story brought tears to my eyes as it showed God working.

So, what's next? Now that I've finished B90, I plan to put a bit more daily time into my BSF devotional questions. Also I bought a new Bible for this challenge, so I felt free to mark it up. Now I look forward to going back to the marked passages, thinking on them more in depth, answering questions they brought up, and choosing portions to memorize. Maybe some day down the road, I will be able to lead others in reading through the Bible in 90 days. I hope to do it again myself sometime and more fully participate in some of the other tools available at the B90 website like the weekly messages, the daily e-mails, and the listen as you read recordings.

I praise God for his word. I thank God for Ted Cooper who came up with this challenge and for Mom's Toolbox who thought to host it online. I have definitly been blessed richly by my participation.

1 comment:

Momee said...

Let me know next time you start! I'd like to do it too. Congratulations!