Sometimes in the hussle and bussle of the Christmas season, it is hard to keep a good attitude and enjoy the season and focus on the real meaning of it. Here is a blog that has been helping me focus on what’s important this year. Here's another website with some great ideas.
Since this is my first Christmas season living in one place since becoming a work-at-home mom, I want everything to be perfect. I am trying not to stress too much about it, but I want to do all the things that my job and circumstances prevented me from doing before like mailing out Christmas cards early and making cookies for all our friends and neighbors and finding or making gifts for those in my family that let them know how much we love and appreciate them and doing some kind of spiritual advent celebration. I’m still debating between an advent wreath and a Jesse tree. I’ve thought about doing both, but think that would be too much this year. I have two days to decide since Advent starts Sunday! Tonight we are having a family Christmas party to do a little more decorating, make Christmas cookies, maybe do a craft if I can figure a good one out, and watch a Christmas movie. I can’t wait!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks so much for this and the links. I shall try the stuffed French Toast recipe for Christmas morning. (Thankfully the many calories are just for special times!) Here's a Christmas Quiz for those who think they know all about the Nativity! http://www.atstracts.org/christmas/quiz.html
Post a Comment